Thursday, June 5

Polarized Sunglasses





Ok first the important stuff - Deal of Day - Pepper's Windchill Polarized Sunglasses - '07 Closeout - Reg $34.95, Now $14.93 @ REI

Now - Why Polarized? Who Cares? What's the big deal? My DH would rave about his polarized glasses - he'd make me look through them an turn them this way and that, but it was his prescription lenses so I never got the "full effect". Had to buy a new pair of sunglasses and just to shut him up (I know it sounds rude - but it's honest) I tried on a pair of polarized - Which were on sale but more expensive! This deal loving chic didnt see any reason to pay more - Not in the store anyway......I bought the glasses and when I got outside it was literally amazing - The sky was bluer, trees greener, everything POPPED!

Here is an explanation from PolarizedLenses.com:

Polarization is like a chemical venetian blind which rearranges light and lets you see "through" glare. 100% Polarized lenses are the only truly effective way of elininating glare. Water, fog, rain, snow or early morning dew, have reflective properties, which enhance reflected glare. In addition to water, glare is also a problem on roads and highways.

I actually put my polarized sunglasses on now when it starts raining - I can see everything better.

I had to swallow my pride and tell DH that he was right. He was very gracious and excited that I liked them and then he said "So will you listen to me next time?" I still dont think I have answered ;-)

No comments: