Monday, June 9

Fhee's First Flight - Funny Story

What Is So Great About Flying?

A friend of mine and one of the Dealtaker moderators, Fheenix33, wrote up an account of her first flight. It is pretty funny and I think anyone who took their first flight as an adult can relate to so many of the thoughts, feelings and fears she has expressed.

Here are a couple excerpts, but be sure to read it through if you have time - Cracked me up :-)


  • This plane was so small that I almost turned and walked off.
  • I couldn't "pull to the side of the road" and get some fresh air or stretch.
  • The big deal that they make about the "snacks and drinks" is amusing too. (*Note from Siddeley - this will be one of those things Fhee tells her Grandchildren "On my first flight they served snacks and drinks.....but things were different then.......")
  • In the Atlanta Airport - I think I walked about 5 miles before I even had a clue as to where I was supposed to be.
  • ...my whole train of thought was "how the hell I was going to get back to Ohio without having to get on a plane again?"
  • Luckily we made it out, but we were the last flight to leave. (Been there, done that for sure)
  • Our bodies were not meant to make it from Atlanta to Ohio in an hour
  • ...two days after I got back, I got very sick. Gotta love that recycled airplane air.

I wanted to find a picture to go along with this story. So I googled 'fear of flying woman' and this is one of the pics that was brought up. It's a woman alright, other than that I am not sure how it relates....but hey, what do I know?

No comments: